- 50% increase in suicide rates among teens in the past 2 years, with a direct link to social media
- 20% of youth wake up in the middle of the night to check their social media accounts
- 56% of teens associate being away from their phones with feeling anxious, lonely or upset
- 39% of teens have sent “sext” messages containing explicit images
- 87% of bullied teens were targeted through social media sites (facebook)
- Over 5 Million FB users are under 13 years of age. 78% of parents helped them to set up their accounts.
- 55% of kids & teens have given out personal information to someone they don’t know online, including photos & physical descriptions.
- 50% of all sex crimes against a minor involving a social networking site used the networking site to initiate the relationship
There is always something new
So what's the latest in the news